EA's PGA Tour series has been going for the best part of a decade now, most recently with the endorsement of the world renowned Tiger Woods. The 2004 version includes seven new courses, five new professional golfers (including Justin Rose, John Daly and Australian Adam Scott) and a new season mode that challenges you to obtain sponsorships from real golf equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger Woods himself as number one on the overall money list. One of the most interesting new features is the Create-A-Golfer option, which lets you design a golfer that looks just like you or, if you so desire, a grotesquely deformed mockery of your least favourite celebrity--the choice is yours. If you do well in the main game you can even win new clothes and accessories for your virtual golfer to wear while competing in a variety of new modes, including World Tour, Long Drive Shootout, Best Ball, Alternate Shot, Stableford Scoring and Battle Golf. Whichever aspect of the game you're most interested in, this is the most realistic golf game ever made--until next year anyway. --David Jenkins
- New EA SPORTS Game Face: Build an incredibly detailed version of yourself or anyone else and take on Tiger Woods and the PGA TOUR. Adjust all physical attributes and body types such as head shape, eye color, skin tone-down to the most finite details of a computer-generated sketch-as you play. As you achieve success in the game new clothing and accessories are unlocked.
- More Courses: Seven new courses were added for a total of 19 different courses including more than 10 of the worlds most prestigious; St Andrews Golf Links, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Tournament Players Club at Sawgrass, The Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Princeville, Torrey Pines, Poppy Hills and Spyglass Hill. Or play one of four original challenge designs including The Highlands, The Predator, and two new fantasy courses.
- More Players: Compete as or against five new PGA TOUR players including John Daly and Adam Scott as well any of 15 PGA TOUR pros, including Tiger Woods, Ty Tryon, Charles Howell III, Notah Begay III, Vijay Singh, Jesper Parnevik, and Jim Furyk among others. In addition, play as one of 12 returning original characters including Big Mo, Pops, The Don, or Yosh Tanigawa.
- Play a Career: In PGA TOUR Season Mode, play along with the 52-week PGA TOUR calendar of events for up to 10 seasons. Obtain sponsorships from real golf equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger as number one on the overall money list.
- Real-time PGA TOUR Events: Using the game hardwares internal clock, actual tournaments appear during appropriate times of year.