Set sail for an epic journey and immerse yourself into the world of pirates! Search for hidden treasures but be on the watch for fearsome creatures from the deep! Carve your own path through the world of Risen 2: Dark Waters, the latest RPG by developers Piranha Bytes, and shape the fate of the world.
Risen 2: Dark Waters, the latest RPG by developers Piranha Bytes, is all about making choices. Whether the player chooses to address a situation through cunning, skill or by force -- everything is possible in Risen 2! The game world adapts to the way the player wants the nameless hero to interact with his environment. Live the pirate's life based on your own choices.
Risen 2: Dark Waters Collector's Edition Unboxing Video (HD) 49.88MB - 56 downloads - 19 July, 2012
The Collector's Edition will have the following additional content:
• Making of DVD -- interviews with the developers from Piranha Bytes who delve deeper into the production of Risen 2
• Soundtrack CD -- The gripping tunes of the Risen 2 soundtrack will immediately absorb the listener into this fantastic pirate world
• double-sided poster -- a large sized map of the game world on one side and an epic artwork featuring the hero and his crew on board their impressive ship
• Pirate Flag -- with the skull motif from Risen 2
• Amulet -- a pendant that every pirate and Risen 2 fan will be proud of
• The Art of Risen 2: Dark Waters -- an exclusive collection of art cards on high quality-paper
• Three Risen 2 stickers
Risen 2: Dark Waters The Bestiary of Arborea Trailer (HD) 86.28MB - 84 downloads - 11 July, 2012
A compendium named "Bestiary of Arborea" now allows a deeper knowledge of the hideous monstrosities that infest the world of Risen 2: Dark Waters.
Since the Titan Lord Mara unleashed her dark powers, fearsome beasts have invaded the world of Arborea. These fiends endanger sea travel and trade routes, cutting off the supply of vital goods for the population of each island. From gigantic Leviathans, nasty sand devils to drowned undead seamen, these monsters lurk everywhere and will make a pirate's life one deadly adventure.
Sunset in Arborea as Risen 2: Dark Waters draws closer to shore on console
Deep Silver today released a new trailer revealing the beautiful sunset over Arborea in the Southern Seas as seen in the stunning game world of Risen 2: Dark Waters.
The glittering waters, lush forests, blazing sunshine and crashing waterfalls set the calming scenes of the Southern Seas. But as the pirate adventure unfolds, the tranquility of this beautiful and intruiging land will surely not last.
Risen 2: Dark Waters is out now on PC and comes to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on 3rd August, 2012
Risen 2: Dark Waters Making Of Episode 5 Fighting and Dirty Tricks Trailer (HD) 66.99MB - 109 downloads - 13 April, 2012
In this episode, the developers from Piranha Bytes discuss the different fighting options in the game and explain:
- how fighting is just one of the options allowing players to progress in the game, and how avoiding the fight can solve quests too
- different fighting styles available - allowing players to utilize blades, firearms and voodoo
- how much swashbuckling swordfights from classic pirate movies influenced the fighting styles in the game
- how dirty tricks, such as parrot distractions or sand throwing, complement the 'pirate way of fighting' and create unique variations in fighting styles
A world in chaos and a war that seems to be almost lost. Monsters have risen from the sea and the titans have ravaged the world, endangering all that live. But there is still hope: one man, a nameless hero, takes it upon himself to save the world. Only the fearless pirates seem to know a way to deal with these beasts from the deep. Will he succeed in obtaining their secret artefact?
Risen 2 Making Of Episode 4 Music Trailer (HD) 65.52MB - 92 downloads - 17 March, 2012
The developers from Piranha Bytes this time describe what kind of music works best for games:
- how a soundtrack for a game gets created even though the game itself is too early to be used as an inspiration
- how the different music tracks get placed in the different areas of a game world
- and how music can convey different moods and emotions in a game.
Risen 2 Making Of Episode 3 Animations Trailer (HD) 76.18MB - 74 downloads - 3 February, 2012
In this installment the developers from Piranha Bytes speak about the new animation system that was created for Risen 2:
- Why the old animation system was completely replaced and what that meant for development
- That two to three thousand new animations had to be created especially for Risen 2
- How different combat animations are combined to create a combo attack
- and that Risen 2 features full face animations for the first time in a Piranha Bytes game.
Risen 2 Making Of Episode 2 Factions Trailer (HD) 236.12MB - 73 downloads - 22 December, 2011
This time, the developers from Piranha Bytes talk about the different factions in Risen 2: Dark Waters:
- the Inquisition and what the disappearance of magic from the world has meant for them
- the Natives in their natural habitat, the jungle, and their suppression as slaves in this world
- the Pirates who play a central role in the story of Risen 2
- and finally, the Gnomes and their enhanced role in Risen 2, their culture of collecting all things which aren't nailed down and a special mention of the gnome Jaffar who will help the player through his quest
Ancient creatures are rising! It's up to you to make a stand against this evil. Prepare yourself and keep your sight fixed upon the restless water! Deep Silver presents the brand new GamesCom teaser featuring the first ingame scenes!